How to resolve outlook mailbox limit exceed issue?
Commonly, if we are using OutLook 2007/2010 for manipulating our emails, it will gradually increasing the size of the server that stored our mails such as inbox,sent items, outbox etc.. If we are not care about this, outlook will throw error message like mailbox is full and cannot receive or send mail after this issue. To resolve this ‘mailbox limit full’ issue, we have to delete mails from server or archive it to the local drive.
To achieve this, Outlook providing an option to create personal folders in local disk and we can move mails from outlook server to this personal folder. Then mails are in our local disk and we can resolve the issue
Steps to create personal folder in the Outlook 2007/2010
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Outlook Data File.
- To create a Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders file (.pst) that offers greater storage capacity for items and folders and supports multilingual Unicode (Unicode: A character encoding standard developed by the Unicode Consortium. By using more than one byte to represent each character, Unicode enables almost all of the written languages in the world to be represented by using a single character set.) data, click OK.
For compatibility with earlier versions of Outlook, under Types of storage, click Microsoft Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst), and then click OK.
- In the File name box, type a name for the file, and then click OK.
- In the Name box, type a display name for the .pst folder.
- Select any other options you want, and then click OK.
- Drag any item from your current folders to the new folder. Press CTRL while dragging to copy items instead of moving them.
Password Protection for personal folder
If you are creating a .pst file, you can add a password of up to 15 characters.
Use strong passwords that combine uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Weak passwords don’t mix these elements. Strong password: Y6dh!et5. Weak password: House27. Passwords should be 8 or more characters in length. A pass phrase that uses 14 or more characters is better.
It is critical that you remember your password. If you forget your password, Microsoft cannot retrieve it. Store the passwords that you write down in a secure place away from the information that they help protect.
If you select the Save this password in your password list check box, make a note of the password in case you need to open the .pst on another computer. Select this check box only if your Microsoft Windows user account is password-protected and no one else has access to your computer account.
Setup your Godaddy Email in Microsft OutLook
Some people are facing some issues is setup Outlook 2007 in Windows 7 machine for GoDaddy domain. We are demonstrating here that steps by step process to setup Outlokk 2007 in Windows 7 system with screenshots.
Steps to setup Microsoft Outlook 2007 in Windows 7 for Godaddy domain
- Install Microsoft OutLook 2007
- Go to Tools > Account Settings and click new icon.
- Select First option (Microsoft Exchange,pop3.. ) and click next
- In the next screen you can fill your name, email id for user information
- For server information select pop3 as account type, pop.secureserver.net as incoming mail server and smtpout.secureserver.net as outgoing mail server
- For Logon Information please provide your domain emailed as username and also provide password for the same.
- After that you have to go to more settings… options
- In the first tab (General tab) please enter your domain emaild like email@example.com.
- In Outgoing Server tab, tick first checkbox (My outgoing server requires authentication) and also tick the option “Use same setting as my incoming mail server”.
- In the “connection” tab select option “connect using my local area network(LAN)”
- Advanced Tab : Enter 110 as Incoming server(pop3) and outgoing server as 465. And also select ssl for type of encryption.
- After that we can test connection by clicking “Test Account Settings..” button. If the connection is fine, it will be shown as completed status for both send mail and receive mail.